Pawling is a town in Dutchess County, New York, United States. The population was 8,463 at the 2010 census. The town is named after Catherine Pauling, the daughter of Henry Beekman, who held the second largest land patent in the county.
Website for the Town of Pawling
Website for the Village of Pawling
Here's what Wikipedia has to say about Pawling.
Communities and locations in the Town of Pawling
- Baker Corner – A hamlet east of Hurd Corners.
- Holmes – A hamlet in the southwest part of the town.
- Hurd Corners – A hamlet north of Pawling village.
- Quaker Hill - A hamlet near the east town line, northeast of Pawling village.
- West Pawling – A hamlet on Route 55, northwest of Pawling village.
- Woodinville – A hamlet west of Pawling village.