As we explain below, you can access PCF’s web site without providing any personally identifying information. However, if you choose to donate online or contact us through the site, then personal information will be gathered and maintained by PCF.
Tracking Information Collected By PCF
When you visit our website, PCF automatically receives and records information from your web browser, which includes your IP address and the page on our site that you requested. An IP address is a unique number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider when you access the Internet. When you visit our site, a file is stored on your computer, which is called a cookie. The placement of a cookie on your computer facilitates your visit to PCF’s website but does not provide us with any personal information.
Personally Identifiable Information Collected By PCF
Apart from tracking information, PCF collects the personally identifiable information you knowingly provide when you visit PCF’s website and make an on-line donation through the PayPal, as well as personal information you knowingly provide to us on-line for the purpose of contacting us. Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. We will use this information to communicate with you regarding PCF activities, offerings, and your relationship with PCF as a donor. We may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you or to provide information to you regarding the activities of PCF. For example, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, volunteers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our website and files and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, maintaining and analyzing data, and sending customer communications on PCF's behalf). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personally identifiable information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers, volunteers, agents and other independent contractors help us administer our website and files and will have access to users' personally identifiable information, if you do not wish for the providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any personally identifiable information to us.
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our donors or end users.
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and donors and provide such information to third parties.
- To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from these Sites. In the course of such verification, we may receive personally identifiable information about you from such services.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information Collected By PCF
Non-Personally Identifiable Information" can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender or interests. Non-personally identifiable information DOES NOT identify you personally. Non-personally identifiable information is used as described above and in any other ways as permitted by applicable laws.
As we note above, donations to PCF are made through our site via a link to a third party service provider PayPal, which uses industry-leading technology to keep your personal information secure. PayPal helps to protect your information by working with partners that provide a secure and safe environment for credit card donations.
Links to Third Parties
Your Right to Access, Change or Remove Personal Information